Big Energy Savings Week 2020
22 Jan 2020
Big Energy Savings Week 2019
08 Jan 2019
Distance selling - fraudulent use of your payment card
04 Apr 2018
Role Purpose: The volunteer Finance Officer is responsible to the Chief Executive for the following:
• To ensure that accurate and timely financial information is produced for the CEO, other department managers and board of trustees
• Providing a full financial management service to the CEO and board of trustees
In more detail:
1. Process payments, receipts and journals and record transactions using the QuickBooks accounting system.
2. Identify and account for restricted funds.
3. Prepare management accounts and other finance papers to be reported to the Trustee Board on a regular basis.
4. Review budgets against actual spending, on a project-by-project basis, and highlight any material discrepancies for corrective action.
5. Help with the preparation of the statutory accounts (compliant with the Charity SORP), notes to the accounts, and financial sections in the Trustees’ Annual Report working closely with the Treasurer and external auditors.
6. Advise the CEO and Trustees on reserves position and information needed for the reserves policy.
7. Review and update the financial procedures manual (liaising with the Treasurer)
8. Identify, implement and review internal financial controls (liaising with the Treasurer). Report to the Trustees effectiveness of financial controls.
9. To be responsible for reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts (including all bank accounts and petty cash)
10. To be responsible for cash management and cash flow forecasting.
11. To identify monies owed to Citizens Advice Bracknell & District by external funders, and to take action to recover these.
12. To assist with the preparation of funding bids by providing budgets based on full cost recovery.
13. To complete funder returns and returns to Citizens Advice for example Money Advice Service and Pension Wise.
14. Identify opportunities to claim Gift Aid and to complete Gift Aid Returns to HMRC
15. Support payroll and pension administration as required.
16. Ensure compliance with Charity and Company law – in particular making sure that accounts are submitted on time.
17. Keeping abreast of charity finance sector issues and communicating these to the CEO and Treasurer where relevant
Person Specification: Volunteer Finance Officer
• Qualification in Accountancy or at least 10 years finance experience
• Charity finance experience desirable but not essential
• Recent and ongoing experience of delivering financial management in a
charity with experience of meeting deadlines and setting priorities
• Experience of using QuickBooks or similar accounting package and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Recent and ongoing experience of preparing management papers
• Recent and ongoing experience of budgeting, particularly project-by-project and leading on the budgeting process across the organisation.
• Self-reliant and able to problem solve independently
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Staff supervision and development experience
Deadline for submission 7th September 2020
Email your CV to email@example.com