3rd September 2019
by Manager in Jobs
Job Title: Trainer
Salary: £12 per hour (£9,984 per annum – £23,088.00 full-time equivalent)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Contract term: Fixed term for 6 months (possible extension subject to funding)
Responsible to: Operational Services Manager (job-share)
To identify training needs and design and deliver training for volunteers and staff, using a range of media and delivery methods.
- Design and deliver training for Gateway and full Advisers, to ensure trainees meet the standards required to fulfil the role on the rota;
- Identify the most suitable and cost-effective training method for learners – this could involve a combination of classroom and on-line study;
- Continually assess and provide support to trainees during and immediately after their training to ensure satisfactory progress;
- Respond to the introduction of new legislation by organising appropriate training using National Citizens Advice or other agreed materials, or sourcing learning content where required;
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of volunteers;
- Identify and plan the annual training needs of Bracknell CA staff and volunteers;
- Where necessary, source training materials and/or specialist trainers; work with National Citizens Advice as needed to ensure training materials provided meet the needs of our local office;
- Check cases for new trainees joining the rota until the point they are signed off as trainees; provide written feedback in accordance with current Quality of Advice regulations. Liaise with Supervisors to ensure effective handover; and
- Review Citizens advice Bracknell & District’s training strategy and provision and make recommendations relating to a sustainable solution to our on-going training requirements.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of designing and delivering training to groups and individuals using a variety of training delivery methods;
- Ideally, knowledge of the CA training materials or the ability to quickly understand these and develop into appropriate training programmes;
- Knowledge and understanding of different training media and preferred training styles (classroom, on-line, self-study) and flexibility to manage a range of different learning options concurrently.
- Ability to design and adapt training delivery to meet the needs and timescales of both learners and the service.
We are seeking a strong team player with excellent communication and organisational skills and the creativity to consider all available training options to ensure we have sufficient trained and committed volunteers on the rota.
Closing date for applications is 27/09/19 and interviews are on 01/10/19
For more information and an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org