Purpose of role:
To welcome clients, provide information and ensure they are dealt with according to our systems and procedures.
N/A volunteer role
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Operate the reception and provide information.
- Welcome clients coming into the reception area.
- Explain waiting times and procedures to clients.
- Provide information about the Citizens Advice service to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues involved in the advice work process.
- Provide a service that is based on sensitivity and respect for clients.
- Acknowledge children and / or any special needs and take appropriate action.
- Maintain confidentiality about clients and their contact with our service.
- Consult the gateway / advice session supervisor appropriately.
- Work within agreed service systems and procedures.
- Answer the telephone and refer calls or take messages.
- Process client information collected at the reception helpdesk.
- Provide client with information where appropriate, including details of other agencies, and point out leaflets / fact sheets from the Citizens Advice website.
- Create, maintain and archive paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with our systems and procedures.
- Liaise with advice staff regarding support for individual clients.
- Maintain stocks of leaflets and posters.
- Maintain statistics and collate and produce reports to a prescribed format.
- Use IT for record keeping.
Research and Campaigns:
- Assist with research and campaigns work by providing information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
If you would like to apply for this role please have a look at our Guidance notes and click here to be taken to our volunteer online application form.
If you have any questions please get in touch:
– by emailing email@example.com
– phoning the admin team on 01344 428107
See our vacancies page for further roles.