Research and Campaigners
29th November 2018
by Manager in Jobs
Research and Campaign Worker – Role Description
Purpose of the role:
To help Citizens Advice Bracknell & District to influence government and other organisations by informing them of the effect of their actions on the lives of clients.
This will benefit many people, including those who have never used Citizens Advice services.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Work with a team of advisers, to use anonymous evidence collected from our clients, to help to bring about changes in local and national policies and services.
- Raise awareness with staff and volunteers of current research and campaign issues being carried out by the National Citizens Advice service.
- Check and collate evidence forms written by our advisers.
- Use advisers’ evidence forms to identify local issues, which are affecting our clients.
- Conduct research and write reports to analyse local and national issues of concern.
- Get involved in media campaigning to raise awareness of the problems our clients face.
- Liaise with other Citizens Advice centres and external agencies.
Personal skills and qualities that a Research and Campaign Worker needs:
- The ability to write clear reports.
- To understand the importance of confidentiality.
- A commitment to the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice service including the service’s equality and diversity policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to their own.
- An understanding of why confidentiality is important.
- Competence in using IT.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
If you would like to apply for this role please have a look at the following links:
Volunteer Online Application Form
Downloadable Role Description
If you have any questions please get in touch:
– by emailing email@example.com
– phoning the admin team on 01344 428107
See our vacancies page for further roles.